Monday, July 22, 2013

Summer salad with a Cilantro Vinagrette

So this weekend we had some friends over for supper!  I'll tell you I was pumped I love having company and getting to cook something for them!  Kelley and Bart were actually our first dinner guest!  Thanks for coming guys!!!  Hopefully we'll be able to have some more company soon!  I know one of my best friends from back in elementary school is planning to come within the next week or two!  Hopefully we will have some more soon!

Onto our dinner I made a Summer Salad with a Homemade Cilantro Vinagrette, a Sweet and Spicy Chicken, couscous, steamed Brussel Sprouts, and Heavenly Candy Cookies. I'm going to have three blogs on this meal so make sure you check them all out!!!  Unfortunately my pictures are lacking since I had company over I forgot to take pictures....Sorry

The great thing about this salad, is other than the avocado you can fix this hours before its time to serve it and chill it in the fridge until its time to serve it.  Its also colorful and tons of flavor in every bit. It definitely tastes like summer!

Summer Salad

1 Head of Lettuce, chopped
6 strawberries, sliced
3 handfuls of blueberries
2 avocados, sliced (Our group LOVES avocado so I did add a lot on)

1. Rinse all ingredients.

2. Chop lettuce a throw into your salad bowl.

3. Next slice the strawberries lengthwise. I was able to get about 4 slices from each strawberry. Scatter slices over the lettuce.  Next grab about 3 handful blueberries and toss them on the salad.

 
 
4. About 5 minutes before serving peel and slice the avocado! I chose to fan the avocado out. (Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of this salad)


Cilantro Vinaigrette

1/2 bushel of cilantro, roughly chopped
4 TBS. honey
3 TBS olive oil
4 TBS Italian dressing
1 TBS. lemon Juice

1. Put all ingredients into blender/food processor. Blend well
 
 
2. Find a pretty container (We had a maple syrup container I had just used for our chicken)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment