Friday, July 19, 2013

Margherita Calzone

So my husband loves a delicious Magherita Pizza! So I thought I'd try a Margherita Calzone for him!  These Calzones were made "Man-sized" so he would have plenty to eat!  I always worry I don't have enough food for him.  It was delicious I wished I had made it for me too!

Margherita Calzone

12 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
6 basil leaves
1/2 tomato, sliced
1 egg white
4 Rhodes rolls, risen according to directions on bag (I suggest using the slow method)

1. Sit out Rhodes Rolls to rise according to bag.

2. Preheat oven to 425.  Roll out risen rolls. I smashed two rolls together to make the calzone bigger.

3. Stack mozzarella, basil, tomato and mozzarella in the rolled out rolls on one side.


4. Fold over rolls and seal with a fork or the folding method. brush with egg whites. I threw the basil leaves on top to differentiate from our cheese calzones.

 
5. Bake at 425 for 7 - 10 minutes or until golden brown!


No comments:

Post a Comment