Friday, July 19, 2013

3 Cheese Calzone

Who doesn't love a good cheese-y calzone?  I know we couldn't be more thrilled with the thought of that ooey gooey-ness!  So the other night I made a fancy 3 cheese calzone and a Margherita Calzone (My husband loves a good Margherita Calzone).

These calzones were super easy to make (They freeze well too!)

3 Cheese Calzone

1 cup smoked cheddar cheese, shedded
1/2 cup parmasean cheese, shredded
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 egg yolk
2 eggs (reserving remaining egg for the Margherita Calzone)
4 Rhodes rolls, risen according to directions on bag (I suggest using the slow method)

1. Set rolls out to rise 3-5 hours.

2. Preheat Oven to 425. Mix Cheese with egg yolk.
I had already been filling my calzones. So this is halfway


3. Roll out risen rolls. Fill with 3 - 4 tbs. cheese mixture. Fold over and seal shut with fork. Once Calzones are sealed shut brush with egg mixture.
 
 
4. Put in oven at 425. for 7 - 10 minutes. Or until a golden crust has formed.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment