Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Herbed Tomato Tart

We've managed to have the quite the accumulation of tomatoes through the CSA box.  I needed a recipe to use a couple of tomatoes and fast!  I had always wanted to try to make a tart...So I was a little hesitant make the tomato tart, I won't lie but it was just because I had always seen chocolate tarts or fruit tarts not vegetable tarts!  But I decided to give it a go! and it was so easy.

I was nervous about how it would taste but OMG it was wonderful very flavorful and kinda like tomato and cheese pizza. We almost ate the whole thing!!!

Herbed Tomato Tart

1 1/2 tomato , sliced thinly
1 package Feta crumbles
8 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 package of frozen puff pastry, thawed
2 green onions, chopped
herbs of your choice
3 cloves garlic, minced

1. Thaw puff pastries, spread one pastry on a greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 450 for about 10 - 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Slice tomatoes thinly and sprinkle with salt and let sit for about 30 minutes.

 
 

2. Let pastry cool for 5 minutes then add the garlic, mozzarella cheese, feta, green onions, and then  the tomato slices sprinkle herb mixture of your choice on top.
 

 





 


3. Put in oven for 15 minutes at 450 or until cheese is melted

No comments:

Post a Comment