Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Couscous Lettuce Wraps

 I loved this dish for various reasons, one of the main ones is I kinda had fun with it being a asain dish and themed our table selection off the theme. I had been wanting to do a fun themed night so this was the perfect opportunity.

 

This dish turned out very hearty while tasting fresh! It was a fun dish!  The great thing about this dish I was able to use the leftover couscous mixture for a side the next night.  Yes I am behind on updating this blog I'm almost there.

Couscous Lettuce Wraps

1 head lettuce
1 cup uncooked couscous
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 ear corn
1 cup fresh peas (I used Cream Crowder Peas)
2 green onions
2 shallets, diced
8 oz water chestnuts, roughly chopped
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp. sesame oil
2 cloves garlic minced,
2 tsp minced ginger
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp agave nectar

1. Cook Couscous as directed on the box, I replace the water with vegetable broth.  While this was cooking I decided to sauté the shallots, and boil the peas and corn.

2. Place the couscous, black beans, corn, peas, onions, shallots and water chesnuts in a medium size bowl and mix well.

 
 

3.  Place the last 6 ingredients in a separate bowl and combine well.  Once combined pour sauce over couscous mixture and stir well.
 
 
 
4. Carefully remove the lettuce leaves from the head.  Fill lettuce cups with couscous mixture, as full as you'd like. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment