Saturday, June 8, 2013

Grilled veggies with herbed quinoa

So I know I said check back Friday and here it is Saturday!  We ended up enjoying some pizza from papa johns last night! What's life without some surprises and pizza after all??? So anyway today we picked up our new CSA box which meant we had 3 ears of corn and eggplant from the previous week to use. So it made deciding how and what to cook easy! Today was a early and fun day working at a golf tournament that our friends were putting on! So I was worn out and just wanted a very simple but yummy dinner tonight!

It ended up being a very easy meal for me! I just prepped the veggies and started the quinoa, then I went outside and picked some basil, mint, parsley, and thyme to go in the quinoa. My sweet husband (who I've been married to for 6 months today actually) was in charge of grilling! He did an excellent job!

Here is a picture of our CSA box this week:
If you can't tell we have corn, green onions, tomatoes, zucchini, eggs, red potatoes, peas, peaches, and plumetos (a mix between a apricot and a plum)

Grilled veggies

No big guidance here other than slice and wash brush with coconut oil (or your choice of oil)




Herbed Quinoa

2 cups vegetable broth
1 cup quinoa
1/2 cup any fresh herbs chopped
2 tablespoons green onions

1. Boil vegetable broth then add quinoa 

2. Let simmer for 12-14 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed!

3. Add herbs and onion






No comments:

Post a Comment