Saturday, May 11, 2013

Spicy Apricot Glazed Grilled Lamb Chops with Quinoa

In honor of the sun that came out today, we grilled out some Lamb Chops. I say we because once again I needed my husband's help to grill this dinner.  Which I am pretty sure he loves, I mean afterall what guy doesn't love the opportunity to grill!  This is our grill which my grandfather gave to us last weekend!  We have been dying to use it!!!  So after tomorrow we will have grilled 3 days in a row!!
 



I think Edgar was a little nervous about the idea of a apricot glaze.  But he said it turned out pretty good! The apricot to my dismay was not very prominent.  I was looking forward to seeing how the apricot mixed with the lamb.  The dish was however very yummy!  I'm still thinking of ways to bring out the apricot a little more.  Maybe a apricot marinade and then the glaze on top.  Also maybe leave the Dijon mustard out of the glaze.  I don't know, let me know your thoughts?


Spicy Apricot Glazed Grilled Lamb Chops

3 lamb loin chops
1/4 cup spreadable apricot peserves
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt

1. Trim fat from chops; set chops aside.

2. In a small bowl stir together 2 tablespoons ginger, 1 clove garlic, 1 teaspoon olive oil and salt; Rub on both sides of chops.

 
3. In another small bowl, stir together apricot preserves, rice wine vinegar, mustard, turmeric, cayenne pepper, remaining ginger and garlic.
 
 


4. Place chops on the rack of an uncovered grill. Allow 10 to 12 minutes, turning once. Brush with apricot glaze during the last 5 minutes of grilling.

 
 

Quinoa

Tonight I didn't do anything to special with the quinoa. But I thought it still tasted amazing

1 cup quinoa
1 1/2 cup vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
1/4 cup lemon juice

1.  Bring vegetable broth and lemon juice to a boil. Add quinoa to the broth and cover.

2. Let boil covered about 10 to 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.  Leave quinoa covered for 5 to 10 minutes then fluff and serve!



Here is our final product:
 
Check back to see what we are grilling up tomorrow! I'll tell you we will be using prosciutto and Kale!
 
How do you incorporate fruit into your main dishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment