Friday, May 10, 2013

Balsamic-Mango Marinated Grilled Chicken & Mango and Veggie Kabob

This meal was inspired by the Summer.  I have had about enough of the rainy weather we've been having lately.  So my latest motto is "Dress and eat like its summer and maybe it'll become summer."  So I enlisted my sweet husband to do the grilling for me.  Two things he taught me about grilling Kabobs is 1. soak your skewers in water to keep them from catching on fire (whoops) and 2. brush the veggies with oil. I just smiled and said well I was trying to be healthy.

The meal turned out great! Moist and flavorful exactly what I was looking for!!!  YUMYUMYUM.  I love the taste the grill gives the veggies and it really brings out the sweetness in the mango. I will definitely be using the grill to cook more fruit! 

 

Balsamic-Mango Marinated Grilled Chicken

2 Boneless Skinless Chicken
1 can Mango Nectar
1/3 Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
4 cloves Garlic
1 sprig lemon thyme, chopped
Salt and pepper
1 Mango, peeled and chopped for garnish over chicken, if desired


1. Combine Mango Nectar, Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, Garlic, lemon thyme, salt, and pepper in Ziploc bag, add Chicken Breasts. Make sure the chicken is coated completely.  Lie the bag flat and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Turn chicken breasts in bag and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.

 

2. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Drain from the chicken and grill for about 4 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked all the way through

3. Serve chicken with topped mango and lemon thyme sprigs.

Mango and Veggie Kabobs

5 sweet peppers, Chopped
1/2 purple onioned, 8th-ed
1 zuchinni, sliced
1 tomato, 8th-ed
4 garlic cloves, halved
1 Mango, peeled and chopped

 
1. Chop Veggies and Mango.

 
2. Place Veggies and Mango on Skewers.
 
 

 

3. Cook on grill until veggies are cooked about 15 minutes.

 
 
 


 
How are you trying to bring out the summer???
 
Check back tomorrow to see how I'll be using Apricot!!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment