Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My version of Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies

So this Saturday my family is having a graduation celebration. Living so far away from my family I don't get to practice my baking skills near as much as I would like....So I have decided this celebration is the perfect time to get loads of baking in. I believe I will have successfully baked my heart out after tom.  But I'm so excited at the opportunity cause its so rare I bake now.

You possibly saw where I am making a GF, SF, V chocolate cupcake and frosting for my sister in law here. Well next I started thinking about my brother and sister and grandpa. They love chocolate chip cookies (unfortunately there will be no nuts, Grandpa) plus cookies are a cookout staple.

Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup Crisco ( I like to spilt the butter with Crisco because it makes the cookies fluffier and softer)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar (typically I use light brown sugar, but this time we had dark brown sugar in the pantry so I used that)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 12 ounce nestle tollhouse semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup nuts (Optional)


1. Preheat Oven to 375.

2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
 
 
3. Beat butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl, until creamy.
 
 
 Beginning
 

 


 Creamed
 
4. Gradually beat in flour mixture
mixing flour in
 
 
5. Stir in Chocolate Morsels and Nuts.

6.  Drop onto ungreased cookie sheets (I use a melon baller to make sure all the cookies bake evenly)


 
7. Bake for 9 - 11 minutes. (Typically I only bake them for 9 minutes).  Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheets and then move to wire racks to cool completely!
 



Up next:
Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
 
Mint Chocolate Chip Ricotta Cupcake
Mint Buttercream
Chocolate Ganache
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment