Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Dairy Free Vegan Chocolate Frosting

Ok ok I know what most of ya'll are thinking: "WHAT, gross! No sugar?!  How can you even consider yourself a baker". Well I too was very skeptical of this GF SF DF Vegan Baking nonsense, but I was determined to give it a go!  One of my close friends/family members had developed a lactose allergy, and I believe everyone must have cake for there birthday...ENOUGH SAID.

So off on a hunt I went to find cupcake recipes that she could enjoy for her birthday. I stumpled upon Babycakes bakery (http://www.babycakesnyc.com/). After reading several fan comments, I decided I need this cookbook...and the specialty ingredients that the recipe calls for. In my opinion giving this recipe a shot and buying all the ingredients knowing there was a chance this idea would bust was worth it if I could have cake for my sweet sister in laws birthday!  So off I went trying to make this cake and icing.  The first go at it was successful and enjoyable, but I think this time it will be better, and the third time for my sister in laws bday would be a charm!

Chocolate Frosting

1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 cup dry soy milk powder
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup coconut oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

In a blender combine the coconut milk, soy powder, cocoa powder, coconut flour, agave nectar, and vanilla. Blend the ingredients for 2 minutes. With the machine running, Slowly add the melted oil and lemon juice, alternating between the two until both are fully incorporated. Pour the mixture into an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 6 hours!

 
Here is everything ya need
 
 
Throwing it in the blender
 
 
About to incorporate the oil and lemon juice

 
Ready to refrigerate!

Check back later to see the final product of these cupcakes!  As well as chocolate chip cookies and the mint chocolate chip cupcakes with a chocolate ganache and a mint buttercream!!!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment