Thursday, May 2, 2013

Lemon Thyme Bars

So I know this is a surprise post, I never said anything about Lemon Thyme Bars.  Well this morning I started thinking maybe I'm going on chocolate overload, if that's possible.  So I started trying to think of a dessert that doesn't have chocolate in it...So while pondering that and having my morning coffee and watching Giada at Home. I'm kind of obsessed with her cooking shows. I record them and watch them daily.

Well while watching this particular show she made Lemon Thyme Bars.  How perfect I thought I have all the ingredients I need already to make this. Plus I've been anxiously trying to find a recipe to use the Thyme I'm growing in. BAAM here it is! 

Sorry for the lack of pictures...I'm going to blame it on to much to bake

Lemon Thyme Bars

1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
 
1. Preheat the oven to 325.
 
2. In a small bowl combine flour, thyme and salt. Set aside. Using mixer, beat together 1 stick of butter and powdered sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 30 seconds.
 

3. Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla.
 
4. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture.
 
5. Using damp fingers, press the dough into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes until golden(I only baked mine for 20). Cool for 30 minutes.
 
Ready to bake
 
 
Lemon Glaze
 
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
 
Wisk powdered sugar and lemon juice together until smooth.  Spoon over bars and let harden for at least 1 hour.  Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment