Thursday, May 2, 2013

Gluten Free, Vegan, and Sugar Free Chocolate Cupcakes

So I just finished up the Chocolate Cupcakes for my sister in law! So excited. They turned out perfect!!!  HORRAY!!!!!!  Last time I made these I baked them a little to long, I also used water instead of coffee last time, so we shall see! :)

I did order all the ingredients from amazon online because I wasn't sure if a normal grocery store would have these items.  Well since I've had the ingredients I've tried to look and notice if Wal-Mart has the specialty items...unfortunately they don't, but that doesn't mean other grocery stores or even your Wal-Mart won't.

A important thing to know. All ingredients are measured with a dry measuring cup

Chocolate Cupcakes

1 3/4 cups Garbanzo-Fava Bean Flour
1/2 cup Potato Starch
1 cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/4 cup Arrowroot
1 tablespoon, plus 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
1 1/3 Cup Agave Nectar
3/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
3 tablespoons pure vanilla
1 cup HOT water or HOT coffee (this time I used Coffee)

1. Preheat the oven to 325. Line 2 - 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners.

2. In medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, potato starch, cocoa powder, arrowroot, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt. 

3. Add oil, agave nectar, applesauce, vanilla, and hot coffee to the dry ingredients. Stir until batter is smooth.

4. Pour 1/3 cup batter into each prepared cup, almost filling it. 


5. Bake the cupcakes on the center rack for 22 minutes, rotating them 180 degrees after 15 minutes.  The finished cupcakes will bounce bake when pressure is applied directly to the center.  Let them cool for 20 minutes in muffin tins and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

 


 

 
I'll post pictures once I have frosted them!



No comments:

Post a Comment