Wednesday, June 12, 2013

From Mash to Hash

This dish is the perfect meal when you have some veggies leftover to use! I highly recommend giving this a try! It also can be prepped ahead and heated up when its dinner time. I think next time I make this I'll be frying up some eggs and putting the egg over top it.  I think I might also attempt to make it into more of a potato pancake.

Mash to Hash

8 to 10 red potatoes, boiled
1 onion, diced
1/2 cup corn, cooked
1/4 cup peas, cooked
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp hot chili powder

1. Assuming you have already boiled the potatoes. Place the potatoes in a bowl and mash them using a spoon or a fork. Add onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, chili powder and stir.  Set aside.



2. In a hot nonstick skillet add the diced onion and let cook. Once cooked add to potato mixture.  Add cooked corn and peas to the potato mixture and mix well.



3. Once everything is mixed well add the potato mixture back to the hot nonstick skillet. Cook until browned.



I suggest serving this with some Red Hot Sauce.

 

 

 

 

YUMMY YUMMY

No comments:

Post a Comment