Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pork Tenderloin Studded with Rosemary and Garlic, Kale with Lemon-Balsamic Butter and Herbed Quiona

So since I baked from 8 - 5 on Thursday, Edgar thought I could use a break from cooking/baking and brought home pizza! I was very excited to have the break!  So then the graduation frenzy started and today is the first day I've been able to cook!  Which I'm happy for cause unfortunately I'm going to be gone Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and I won't be cooking. 

I've been wanting to try Kale since I first saw it at the farmers market. But I was a scardy cat and went home without it on numerous occasions. Maybe about 2 weeks ago I decided next time I saw some Kale though I was going to purchase it and give it a go! Man I'm so glad I did! It was great!

As for the Herbed Quiona, I started just recently giving my green thumb a shot! So I started out with Rosemary, Lemon Thyme,  and Parsley.  Now I have expanded my growing to lavender and garlic.  So be watching for the lavender to be used soon!!!  Maybe soon I'll pick up some Cilantro and Basil cause I really cook a lot with both of those.

As you'll notice as you follow my blog we cook with pork tenderloin a lot! Its always a simple and flavorful!  This time was no different! The tenderloin was moist and full of flavor!  This meal also got a thumbs up from us!!!

Pork Tenderloin Studded with Rosemary and Garlic

2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Rosemary
5 garlic cloves minced
1 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Cooking Spray

1. Preheat oven to 475

2. Trim Pork loin, and make several 1/2 inch slits.


3. Place pork in a jelly roll pan.  Combine rosemary and peeled garlic into chopper. After chopped place half of rosemary mixture in slits. Rub pork with remaining rosemary mixture.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
 
 
 
 

4. Bake at 475 for 35 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Let rest 5 minutes while  cooking the Kale!

 

Kale with Lemon-Balsamic Butter

1 bunch of Kale
2 quarts water
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup pecan pieces
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1. Remove stems and center ribs for kale. Wash and pat dry! Coarsely chop.

2. Bring water to a boil.  Add kale; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain well and place Kale in a bowl.


3. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium high.  Stir in pecans, juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over Kale and toss well to coat.


Herbed Quinoa

2 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
1/2 cup lemon juice; halved
1 1/2 cups quinoa
1/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup Rosemary, chopped
1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
1/4 cup Lemon Thyme, chopped
2 teaspoons lemon zest
Sea salt
Pepper

1. In medium saucepan add chicken stock, half the lemon juice (1/4 cup) and quinoa. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover the pan and cook until all the liquid is absorbed  about 12 - 15 minutes.

 

2. While quinoa is cooking combine rosemary, parsley, and lemon thyme in the food chopper. Mix chopped herbs in a bowl olive oil, remaining for lemon juice (1/4 cup), lemon zest, salt and pepper. 





3. Once the quinoa is cooked, place in a bowl and pour the mixture over and mix it in.



 
 
 
 
 Here's our meal:

 

 
 


Make sure to check back to see how we're celebrating Meatless Monday, tomorrow!!!!

Have you ever made Kale?  How'd you cook it and what did you think? 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment