Sunday, December 29, 2013

Refrigerator Oatmeal

So ii started hearing about this overnight oatmeal a year ago.  It always sounded delicious but I could never find a recipe until recently (horray)

Let me tell you a little about me in the mornings grow in up my family referred to me as "Crabby Abby" (real original I know right) or "Eeyore"... needless to say I'm not a morning though to an extent that seems to be changing. But the idea of making breakfast doesn't make me super thrilled so ive always stuck to breakfast bars, meal replacement drinks and what not. Now I love oatmeal in the morning, but only if someone is going to prepare it for me.

When I found the overnight oatmeal recipe I was ecstatic cause then it would be like the bars or drinks take no thought. I made it last night (just one to see if I liked it) I loved it so today I made four more for this week. :-)  its a super easy and CHEAP recipe. Feel free to substitute for different fruits, milk, or make additions.. Hope you'll give it a shot!

Banana Overnight Oatmeal

1/4 cup oats
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 tablespoon ground flaxseed (optional)
1/4 banana diced

1. Combine all ingredients into a container with a tight lid. (I used mason jars)

2. Screw lid on and shake.

3. Put in fridge overnight at least

Serves:1

Its a great no hassle meal to prepare. As you can tell it easy to make four at a time however if u don't want to make 4 right now you could eat the rest of your banana or freeze it for a smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment