Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Skillet Eggs with Shredded Squash and Zucchini

So the other day I promised myself I would be better at blogging and I failed! But none the less I will continue to try! From our CSA box this past week we received a dozen eggs and a ton of squash and zucchini! So I went on the hunt for a recipe to use as many eggs and squash and zucchini possible.

This dish turned out to be soooo flavorful and filling! I wasn't sure when I was fixing it how much I would really like it, But I'll definitely make this again....and SOON

Skillet Eggs with Shredded Zucchini and Squash

3 medium sized squash
3 medium sized zucchini
1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
Salt
Pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp. cinnamon
5 Eggs
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
2 1/2 tsp butter

1. Grate Squash and Zucchini into a colander. Toss with 1 tbs. salt then let drain for 30 - 40 minutes. Squeeze Squash and Zucchini to remove any liquid as possible.

2. Preheat oven to 375. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add shredded zucchini, squash and chopped tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender about 7 minutes.  Stir in the parsley, cinnamon, and pepper to taste. Cook until the mixture is slightly dry. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.



3. Spread Squash and Zucchini mixture evenly in the skillet. Make 5 indentions with the back of a spoon. put 1/2 tsp. butter into each indention. One at a time crack the 5 eggs into the different indentions. Season with Salt and Pepper

 
 


4. Sprinkle Cheese  over the mixture. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the egg whites are set and the yolks are cooked to desired doneness. 10 - 12 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment