Tuesday, June 4, 2013

V, GF, DF Cantaloupe Vanilla Cupcakes with a V Cantaloupe Filling and V GF DF Vanilla Buttercream Glaze

I am a sucker for sweets, I'll admit that but during the summer I love fruit and I love incorporating it into ANYTHING.  This year instead of the typical fruit pops I decided I was going to make cupcakes and man o man did I make a brilliant choice!

I'm always a little leary when trying a new recipe so I cut the cupcake recipe to only make 6 cupcakes (12 mini cupcakes).  But this time I wish I had made the 12 cupcakes cause this is delish!!! 

Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free Cantaloupe Vanilla Cupcakes

1/2 cup Garbanzo-Fava Bean Flour
1/4 cup Potato Starch
2 tablespoons Arrowroot
1 1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder
dash Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons, 2 teaspoons coconut oil
1/4 cup 1 tablespoon 1 teaspoon agave nectar
1/3 cup cantaloupe puree (replace with applesauce if you just want a vanilla cupcake)
2 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup hot water

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees

2. In a bowl, whisk together flour, potato starch, arrowroot, baking powder, baking soda, xantham gum, and salt



3. Add oil, agave nectar, cantaloupe puree, vanilla extract to dry ingredients and combine. Stir in hot water until batter is smooth.



4. Bake cupcake at 350 degrees for 22 minutes rotate 180 degrees after 15 minutes.



Cantaloupe Filling

4 tablespoons Cantaloupe Puree
2 tablespoons Water
2 tablespoons Sugar
3/4 teaspoon cornstarch

1. Mix sugar, cornstarch together. Mix well before adding puree. 

2. Cook until filling thickens

3. Allow filling to cool, Once cool pip into cooled cupcakes.



Vegan Gluten Free Vanilla Buttercream Glaze

2 tablespoon 2 teaspoon Dairy Free Margarine
3/4 cup Confectioners' Sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon milk substitute
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. In a bowl beat margarine with mixer.

2. Add sugar, milk and vanilla, beat for 2 - 3 minutes.

3. Once cupcakes have cooled spoon glaze over cupcakes.
 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment